Friday 4 December 2009

During WWW I have experienced many activities I have never even thought of doing before with my peers. These include: Picking walnuts, building dams, building irrigation systems, and washing clothes. Though all of these may seem amusing, my favorite activity was building the dams. This is because I am a very active person, and I like challenging myself. With my peers, we moved the rocks, big and heavy to the other side of the shore, and built a dam to block it. We needed leaves and mud to cover the holes in between the rocks, nevertheless, this took time, but in 30 minutes, we had a dam half built and an irrigation system almost finished. Some of us continued building the dam, while others switched activities. It was even harder with less people, because we had less strength in total, and people had to collect leaves and mud. Later on in the day, we had finished the dam and were having fun near the river, distributing its water slowly but surely through the irrigation system, stopping just at the dam we had built.
My second favorite activy was washing the clothes, because we were across the river from each other, and it was fun throwing wet clothes at eachother. We all got wet, and we were laughing. Depending on your job, you would either get clothes full of
soap, full of water, or almost dry. I almost tripped and fell trying to throw a set of clothes to my peer at the other side of
the river. We switched jobs so in the end, we all had fun and kept a great memory of this day. I was also satisfied by our work because we really helped the Berber village we were at, and were cheerful at the same time. Our teachers were proud of us too, since they saw us work hard, because they were with us. Even now, we look back on this experience and we are proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment